CRI recruits a research digital project manager
12 months french contract (CDD), full time. Available mid March 2019.
Supporting interdisciplinary researchers at CRI on digital developments.
The Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI) experiments and spreads new ways of learning, teaching, conducting research and mobilizing collective intelligence in life, learning and digital sciences.
CRI Research is run as a Paris Descartes University Hosting Lab. CRI educational programs are accredited by the Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris Descartes and Paris Diderot Universities). The Bettencourt Schueller
Foundation has been an essential and key supporting partner since the CRI was created. A wide range of partners accompany the CRI including European Union H2020 funds, “Les Programmes d’Investissements d’Avenir” and Paris City Council who provided us with the building in the heart of Paris.
CRI is an atypical place, home to a community of students, educators, researchers, and engineers who may not fit into classical academic institutions because of their commitment to interdisciplinary, open science as well as innovative, out-of-the-box thinking. CRI helps catalyze the ideas, tallent, and research actions, amplifying and channeling this contagious passion towards exponential change agents. We wish to face the unknown, at frontiers of disciplines and using state-of-the art facilities to construct frugal and scalable solutions for societal issues of today and tomorrow.
The job holder will be part of the CRI Open Science research efforts and will help researchers (fellows, PHD, research projects members) to prototype their digital projects, coordinate projects with contractors (SSII, Web developers, tech consultants…). She/he will facilitate access to digital resources like Cloud servers, high-performance calculation clusters, data storage. She/he will help researchers take advantage of scientific publications databases and will help them to finalize and put in production their projects.
This job is for you if
- You want to work with cutting-edge scientists on innovative interdisciplinary projects around life, learning and digital sciences,
- You have worked on large digital projects,
- You like working with multicultural diverse teams,
- You are curious about big data, machine learning, networks and image analysis,
- You can prototype fast and pragmatic solutions,
- You work well in large, diverse teams, but are also able to autonomously bring projects to completion,
- You can teach yourself new tech skills on the go.
- Write tech specifications for a research project
- Help researchers source a tech / web agency / coder to build projects
- Contract projects with tech / web agency / coder
- Insure that project expectations are met : specs testing, code quality auditing, budget reviews…
- Evaluate the outcomes of research tech projects
- General project management activities
- Organize access to off-site digital resources like Cloud servers, high-performance calculation clusters, data storage…
- Organizing access to online scientific publications databases
- Make sure that our publications and scientific data are correctly archived and processed in the university and national repositories
- Staying on top of relevant tech evolutions
- Prototype tech solutions (web or mobile apps)
- Interact with students, in the context of their CRI projects
Expected experience and competences
- Experience in supporting research (in lab or R&D context)
- Proven experience in digital project management.
- Capacity to manage subcontractors (Web developers and coders, web agencies, tech specialists) from sourcing to delivery, including quality insurance, contract drafting, price negotiation…
- Serious previous coding experience, preferably with mobile and web applications. Our preferred stack includes Python, VueJS, NodeJS, MongoDB, CSS and REACT.
- Basic knowledge of system engineering and optimization.
- Basic knowledge of high performance computing (environments, algorithms, parallel architectures…
- Fluent English and at least basic knowledge of French.
The position is based at the Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI) in the center of historical Paris (rue Charles V, 75004 Paris). You will work between the CRI IT and Research teams.
Brut annual salary of 50k€. Good working conditions in a state-of-the art facility. Private temporary contract (CDD de droit privé).
Contact us with a CV and a motivation letter at email@example.com .