CRI recruits a Lab technician / Engineer at the CRI Synthetic Fly Lab (m/f)
18 months French contract (CDD), full time. Available September 2019.
The CRI Synthetic Fly Lab is looking for a Lab technician (m/f) or Engineer (m/f) to support the experimental work in the lab.
The Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI) experiments and spreads new ways of learning, teaching, conducting research and mobilizing collective intelligence in life, learning and digital sciences. CRI Research is run as a Paris Descartes University Hosting Lab. CRI educational programs are accredited by the Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris Descartes and Paris Diderot Universities). The Bettencourt Schueller Foundation has been an essential and key supporting partner since the CRI was created. A wide range of partners accompany the CRI including European Union H2020 funds, “Les Programmes d’Investissements d’Avenir” and Paris City Council who provided us with the building in the heart of Paris.
CRI is an atypical place, home to a community of students, educators, researchers, and engineers who may not fit into classical academic institutions because of their commitment to interdisciplinary, open science as well as innovative, out-of-the-box thinking. CRI helps catalyze the ideas, talent, and research actions, amplifying and channeling this contagious passion towards exponential change agents. We wish to face the unknown, at frontiers of disciplines and using state-of-the art facilities to construct frugal and scalable solutions for societal issues of today and tomorrow.
The CRI Synthetic Fly Lab aims to develop a comprehensive set of synthetic biology tools to in Drosophila melanogaster, a well-established model organism for studying animal development.
The job holder will be part of the CRI Synthetic Fly Lab and will help researchers (fellows, PhD students, research projects members) to conduct experiments including molecular biology, Drosophila husbandry and insect cell culture. She/he will maintain the Drosophila stock and cell culture and prepare reagents required for the experiments. In addition, for the research engineer post, the successful candidate will plan and execute independent experiments and help in supervising undergraduate interns.
This job is for you if :
- You want to work with cutting-edge scientists on innovative interdisciplinary projects around life, learning and digital sciences,
- You like working with multicultural diverse teams,
- You are familiar with basic molecular biology techniques,
- You are eager to learn new techniques,
- You enjoy working in a dynamic environment
- You are willing to join a small but ambitious team of young researchers
- Maintain the Drosophila stock
- Maintain the insect cell culture
- Ensure the availability of reagents required for the experiments
- Prepare buffers and solutions
- Ensure good and safe working environment in the lab
- Assist researchers in experimental work
- Help in training and supervising undergraduate interns
- Possibility to work on an independent research project
Expected experience and competences
- Experience in biology laboratory
- Proficiency in basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience in work with Drosophila and/or with cell culture is a plus
- Education requirements
o Technician – Bac + 2 (BTS, IUT, etc.)
o Engineer – Master
- English (full professional competence)
The position is based at the Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI) in the center of historical Paris (rue Charles V, 75004 Paris).
Brut annual salary of between 32k€ (technician) – 50k€ (engineer), depending on the post and prior experience. Good working conditions in a state-of-the art facility. Public temporary contract (CDD de function publique).
Contact us with a CV and a motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.