Hand illustration is still one of the best tool to describe behaviors, morphological characteristics and subtleties between different species or individuals of plants & animals. Whether using ink line drawing or paint: studying your subject in a goal to illustrate it is also a new way discover it in depth, and find new approaches to analyze it. This new artistic skill will add to your work a scientific iconography that combines professionalism and accuracy, with a rewarding self-made and personalized touch.
The course is opened to any level. Art material supplied (paper, pencils, ink, paint and brush)
- How to represent your subject, and what medium is best?
- Draw it with a pencil: how to take proportions?
- Once the drawing finished, report it on the final paper.
- Learn to “create” the volume” with shades of Black&white, or colour.
- Start placing the general volumes and details on your illustration.
- Create the textures (if necessary): hairs, scales, reflections, veins on the leaves…
- Finish the final touches of light and shades.
- Clean the illustration: first with a blade or paint, then you scan and clean your illustration on Photoshop.