This training is dedicated to the improvement of time management and personal organization of PhD Student.
The training will take place in 2 sessions: the first one is dedicated to the presentation of tools and methods, and the second one to feedbacks on how the participants were able to use the training.
Our brain receives 5 times more information than it can handle daily, leading to a strong need to select high value tasks and to be able to implement them in an efficient manner. Such tools are now compulsory to strive in the current, very competitive research environment. Even if research results are not predicable, actions that lead to such results are. Learning to plan and organize research reduces uncertainty and therefore PhD student stress.
The aim of this training is to provide methods and tips on time management, priority management and personal organization in the context of research projects, and addresses several issues related to PhD students work.
The training is built on 3 aspects:
1. First, students will learning how to identify high value tasks associated to their personal project and objectives, and how to organize their working day taking into account these high value tasks.
- What are the strategic tacks of my project?
- How to organize my day?
- How to measure my progress?
2. Then, student will learning how to improve their work intensity using a several methods linked with their brain natural behavior. This part is strongly related with the reduction of stress and tiredness.
- How to reduce stress and tiredness?
- How to harness the full potential of modern communication tools?
- Why and how to build my 3rd pillar?
3. Finally, the last part deals with the laws of productivity, and explains how to use its psychology to reduce dead times during the day. Procrastination reduction and habits creation methods are proposed to promote the future use of the elements provided during the training.
- Laws of productivity: how to take advantage of your own behaviors?
- How to defeat procrastination?
- How to create habits?