This course will offer the bases of naturalist & scientific illustration for students willing to draw or paint any zoological & botanical subject.
Hand illustration is still one of the best tool to describe behaviors, morphological characteristics and subtleties between different species or individuals of plants & animals.
Whether using ink line drawing or paint: studying your subject in a goal to illustrate it is also a new way discover it in depth, and find new approaches to analyze it.
This new artistic skill will add to your work a scientific iconography that combines professionalism and accuracy, with a rewarding self-made and personalized touch.
The course is opened to any level
Art material supplied (paper, pencils, ink, paint and brush)
The four-days program will go as follow:
- how to represent your subject, and what medium is best?
- draw it with a pencil: how to take proportions?
- once the drawing finished, report it on the final paper.
- learn to “create” the volume” with shades of Black&white, or colour.
- start placing the general volumes and details on your illustration.
Day 3: a full day will be necessary to continue the illustration:
- create the textures (if necessary): hairs, scales, reflections, veins on the leaves…
Day 4: this last day will be to finish the final touches of light and shades. Then you will have to clean the illustration:
- first with a blade or paint
- then you will scan and clean your illustration on Photoshop.